Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Mexico pt.1

I awoke quickly at 7:45 a.m, put on my clothes, and jumped into the car. When we arrived at the airport it was very crowded but I wasn't surprised considering it was the day after christmas and everyone was leaving town. Once we got past security, my family and I went to eat breakfast at a small restaurant near our gate and got on the plane by 10:30. The plane ride was boring (as always) because of the fact that I had nothing to do except sleep and listen to music. Hours later, we landed in Mexico in a very crowded area. It took about another hour for us to finally get off the plane and we waited in customs for some time then spent and little more time waiting for our bags. Then finally, we left the airport and started our hour ride to Punta Mita. Due to the fact that we had to wait many hours at the airport once we got to our house, I scarfed down some guacamole that was waiting for us at our place, then it was time to leave for dinner. For dinner, we went to a restaurant within the resort where we were staying called Sufi. The service was slow but the delicious food made up for the fact. For dinner, I decided to order ribs. I know, I know, I'm crazy for ordering American food in Mexico but to my surprise, they were actually quite good. In fact, probably the best ribs I have ever had. After dinner, we were all extremely tired so we went back home and I fell asleep immediately (after watching a couple episodes of Grey's Anatomy that is).

Day 1: Adventure day

Sunset after dinner
When I woke up it was cloudy. Now I shouldn't be complaining because in Park City it was in the negatives and I was in Mexico where is was warm. But I was expecting hot, sunny, beautiful weather. I decided since I was by the beach I might as well go there. So, my sister Megan and I hopped in the golf cart and went on down to the beach. When we arrived, I ordered a Burrito. I ate it all up but since it was so cold at the beach Megan and I went back into the golf cart to go home. Once we got home we soon found out there was hardly anything to do at home so, we decided to go explore the resort. For the third time, Megan and I got back into the golf cart and drove around. We brought our speaker played music while feeling the cold breeze on our face. We drove up and down all the roads and drove by the beachside until we became bored of it and headed back home.We laid in the sun until dinner. For dinner, we went to the local Beach Club and had chicken tenders. Yeah. American food again. Except these chicken tenders were amazing. They're honestly were extraordinary.

Day 2: Sun day

I woke up at a late time of 11:00 a.m the day was yet again another cloudy but the difference was that today was nice, warm, and barley windy. I wasn't in the mood to drive anywhere so I made a cold bowl of cereal and sat outside on a beach chair by the pool. I spent the rest of my day sitting relaxing in the sun and swimming in the pool. Later we went to dinner at a place called Blue Shrimp which was extremely delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment