Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Mexico Pt. 2

Day 3: Beach day

Today, unlike the other days, was a very sunny day so my family and I decided to take a ten minute drive down to a new beach called Kupuri Beach Club. As soon as we got there I was quite hungry. But, I laid in the sun for about three hours then finally got my food. After I was completely full I decided to go into the ocean and body surf. I stood there then once a big wave came along, I got in a ready stance. Once the wave was close enough I would swim as hard as I could. I would catch the wave for about half a second but then it would pass tumbling me down into the sand while I got a mouth full of salty water. This was the cycle of me trying to body surf. I caught only one wave then about an hour later, headed back to my chair in defeat. We drove back home in our little golf cart and then headed out to dinner.
Sitting by the beach

Day 4: Salulita

The pretty flags in Salutila
Since the day was quite cloudy today we decided it wasn't a good day to go to the beach so we took the Twenty minute drive down to the little town of Salulita. When I arrived I looked up to see the variety of different colors of plastic flags that were lined all down the streets and it looked absolutely beautiful. We wandered down the streets looking at all the little shops as they pass by with my family buying a few things. I bought a beaded bracelet with a wave design, a couple of post cards,  5 multicolored beaded bracelets for me and my friends, and a dream catcher. We then went to eat lunch at a cute little restaurant located right on the beach. I ordered chicken quesadillas and they were out in a jiffy along with my mango smoothie. I was expecting pretty low quality food due to the looks of the run-down restaurant but to my surprise my food was quite good. After lunch we still had more time to kill so we continued to look around at all the shops and get ice cream as well. We spent about eight hours browsing around the town and eating lunch. After this we got home and I was beat! Who knew shopping could be so exhausting! We went out to dinner.

Day 5: Surf Day/ New years

Even though I am not very good at it, I really love surfing. So today I had the urge to go surfing. I asked my dad if he wanted to come with me the three hours later my dad and I were finally set out to go surf. I was pumped. I love surfing and I hadn't been surfing in an considerable amount of time. I hopped on my board and paddle out into the middle of the ocean. We shortly came to realize that the wind had died out. We still tried to surf but had no success and went back home tired and in defeat. I had wasted the whole day waiting to surf and surfing was second-rate. So, after that let down, it was time to go to our New Years Party! I would have rather been with my friends for new years but I was in Mexico and that was pretty cool. So, this was in the resort where I was staying at the St. Regis. I was called an all white party so I put on a white skirt and white shirt. We drove over there in our golf cart pretty quick then waited in a line to be seated at our table. Once we were seated, Megan and I were starving so we immediately went out to the buffet to go and grab our share of food. While scanning the tables I noticed that they were all seafood. And whats the only type of food I don't like? Seafood. I then scoped out a little table near the end which had Beef tenderloin. I grabbed a plate of that, a couple pieces of bread, and a bowl of potato soup, and made my way back to my table. I ate for a while and sat and watched as my parents eventually left the table and entered the dance floor. Then I watched my sister Katie do the same. So I sat there with Megan and talk for a while. Three hours later my family and I stood in a circle two minutes before midnight on the beachside then said our goals for next year and favorite part about the last year. About fifteen minutes later we drove home and crawled into bed.


Day 6: Lets go Paddle Boarding

It was my last day in the beautiful Punta Mita so I went to the beach for the last time. My sister and I laid out in the sun for a while then decided to take a quick paddle board ride. We rented some paddle boards at the beach club and set off. It was very relaxing and there was nice breeze. After my arms grew tired I laid down on the board and relaxed the the waves rocking by board and the relaxing sound of them crashing onto the beach. I headed back home after an hour and sat by the pool while listening to music. The day ended at that and we want out to dinner.


Day 7: Home.

I woke up early to get my last bit of sun in Punta Mita then packed up my bag to head home. Once the car arrived to drive us to the airport I said my goodbyes and left in peace. Bye Punta Mita, See you in two weeks. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment