Sunday, May 1, 2016

Storytime!!!

I reach for my back pocket and I feel nothing. Nothing is there. Where is it?

A couple hours before:
I was hanging out at my friend’s house and we decided to bus over to red stone. We hung out there for a few hours then decided to bus over to my house. We got off at the right stop and started walking up the hill to my house. Its a long dreadful walk and both of my parents were out to dinner and my sister was babysitting. we didn’t have any ride to get up the hill to my house so, My friends and I had to walk the dreadful walk up the huge hill to my house. It began to rain about 2 minutes into our walking. It sucked. About 10 minutes later a man stopped on the side of the road and asked us if we needed a ride. Now, you can call me crazy but my and my friends decided to take up the offer and get a ride up the hill from this man. (under the circumstances it was a good idea). Anyways, I carry my phone in my back pocket and as I stepped foot in his car, I felt my back pocket and I feel nothing.He was waiting so I got in anyways. I checked all around the car for my phone to see if it fell onto the seat or something and I found nothing.
Once we got to my house, I was checking everywhere for it. My backpack, all of my pockets, and anywhere I could think of. Nothing. I decided I would run back to where we were walking to see if I left it on the street. I ran down and saw no phone lying on the side of the road. I then went back home and waited for my sister to get home to see if she could drive me to see if we could find it. We still couldn't find the phone so we decided to give up for the night. In the morning we checked the street again but still, nothing. I called the bus station to see if I left it on the bus I took but they hadn't seen and iPhone come in to the lost and found. Now, you are probably thinking why didn't I just turn on find my iPhone? Well, first off, my phone was dead and secondly, I wasn't signed up for iCloud.

Monday rolled around and there was still no sign of my phone. I called the transit center again, the transit center lost and found, and the park city lost and found and it was't anywhere. I went to the police department to see if someone might have turned in in there but there was still nothing. I went back home in defeat and decided I had no other option but to buy and be phone. It was the same phone and it came two days later. Not only did I have to pay for this new phone out of my own pocket, but also, I had nothing backed up from my old phone and like I said before iCloud wasn't on. I had not pictures and no contacts so basically I lost everything that was on my phone. The rest of the week went by as normal and I was getting used to my new phone. I was fine with no pictures or contact because I could get more soon enough. The weekend came and I went to a volleyball tournament and hung out with my friends.
Now Sunday arrived. I lost all hope for ever finding my phone and knew I would never get it back. I was baking some cookies in the kitchen with my mom and the door bell rang. I wondered who it could be because neither me nor my mom was expecting anyone. She answered the door and I continued to bake my cookies. She was at the door for a while so I went to go look at who she was talking to. LITERALLY it was the wife of the man who drove me and my friends home and SHE WAS HOLDING MY PHONE IN HER HAND.  She told me she was looking for chaotic and found my phone in the crack of the seat. Keep in mind that I checked my pocket before I even got into the car and as I was in the car I checked too. I honestly have no idea how it ended up there but I'm just happy to have my pictures and contacts back. I also realized how reliant on my phone I am :).
Me with my friends and the phone that I post the found :)

No comments:

Post a Comment