Friday, May 13, 2016

Final Post

When I started my blogging journey, I had 0 followers, a couple of pages views that were only from me, and I hated writing. In the beginning, I had no idea what to write about. I looked up good ideas to post about and couldn’t find anything. I asked my family and they didn’t know either so, I settled on writing about my life which is how I came up with My Life as Jaqi (obviously). While writing my first post, I realized it was hard to make posts interesting enough for people to read and long enough to meet the requirements.

Looking back on this whole blogging journey, I have realized that I have grown a lot. For the first month or so I looked at blogging purely as homework assignment. I didn’t think about people reading it other than my teacher. I would finish all three blogs the night they were due and I put minimal effort into writing them. Looking back, I realize that if I had put more effort into those post they would have been a whole lot better. Soon after that, I found myself running out of ideas. I scrambled to find something that would be worth reading to put on my blog and struggled to come up with things. I would ask my family what I should post and my mom said things that interested me. I began to do this and found that not only was it was much easier to come up with things to post, but also I was actually enjoying it. From these things I have grown. I have learned how if I put time into my writing, the outcome of it will be a whole lot better. I have also grown to realize that it takes time and I have learned how to manage my time to post.


About halfway through the year is when I became a whole lot more involved with my blogging. I was getting more views on my posts and when I was writing the ideas began to flow. This was the point I found myself wanting to blog and enjoying it. I grew into liking to write about my life and in my blog. I found it fun and exciting to share stuff with few people who actually read my blog. I also grew by writing more like myself. I started off writing very formally with proper english and more mistakes but I came to realize that gave me no voice and it was not very interesting. Writing more like myself put a voice into my blogs and my other writing. Writing my blog also helped me with things I had to learn so I guess, I grew as a person too. When I wrote things, the ideas would just keep flowing and I found myself writing some things not even I had realized yet. I would write things that I had to learn too which helped me grow as a person. Take my jealousy post for example. While writing that post, the ideas were flowing and I would write down something about not being jealous that I had to realize or learn too.

When the ideas began to flow while writing (Brandandmotar)
Now, where am I today? From where I started, I have gained many views on my blog, one follower, a greater appreciation for writing, and confidence with my writing. That’s where I am today. I have more understanding in writing and I have also help myself understand things from my blog while I was writing them. My writing has progressed much further than it was before and I enjoy writing much more because of this journey.

So, this will probably be my last post on this blog unless I change my mind and decided to post later. Thank you to everyone who read my posts.
Much love,
Jaqi


No comments:

Post a Comment